Tuesday, June 28, 2011

First Doctor's Appointment

I had my first doctor's appointment today.  All went well, and Chris did a great job (in that he didn't pass out or make any embarrassing jokes).  I get to have an ultrasound it two weeks to determine the due date.  Since I was late last month, the doctor would like to tell by measuring instead of guessing.  I'm pretty excited about that!  Since I have been feeling a little crampy, she also had my progesterone level tested today.  She said the cramping could be totally normal, but it doesn't hurt to check, so I had a quick blood draw.  If it so low, she'll just put me on progesterone to boost it up. 

Next week I have an hour long visit with the nurse to get all the information I need.  But the doctor has already told me to start eating more protein and make sure I get lots of dairy and water.  She also said (and I'm so not lying!) that she considers ice cream healthy.  Whoo hoo!  We're having a baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment