Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Busy, Busy Weekend

Whew, what a weekend!  Chris and I had a fun-filled weekend full of activities. 

Saturday, we were off to Indiana for his friend Danielle's wedding.  It was a beautiful backyard wedding.  There was a picture perfect "chapel" made in the trees with candles hanging from the branches.  We all sat on bails of hay with quilts on top for the ceremony.  For the reception, there was a huge tent with tables with the cutest centerpieces -- there were about 3 inch sections of a huge log in the center, and then vases with a couple different flower arrangements.  Our table had huge green hydrangeas, so pretty!  And we had an excellent taco dinner -- I wish I could have eaten more!  And after dinner, we lit chinese lanterns that floated into the sky.  Such a great night!  I only wish I hadn't forgotten my camera so I had some pictures...so I stole some from Lisa :)



Sunday, we were up early to head back home.  Kelly's wedding shower was at 11:30 (thank goodness we gained an hour coming back).  We got home around 10:15.  Bethanne (who had stayed with Miss Daisy the night we were gone) and I got ourselves ready and headed out.  We had a great lunch and some fantasic present opening.  And there were some VERY tasty cupcakes :)  Again, forgot my camera, so no pictures.

After that, we went back to my house, and a little rest, changed, and headed downtown for Kelly's bachelorette party.  So fun!  Bridget got us a fantastic room at the Dana Hotel, and we headed to Sushi Samba Rio for dinner.  After that, it was back to the hotel for some quality girl time and more presents!  Two of us are pregnant, so Kim and I got to sleep on the bed, which was pretty much like sleeping on a cloud :)  The next morning, we had some breakfast and headed home.

Another exciting development this weekend...my friend Jessica had her baby! Brody Lucas McCabe was born September 10, weighing in at 10 lbs 1 oz and 22 inches long (my mom said I was 22 inches long at a year!).  I went to visit her Monday afternoon and see the little guy.  What a cutie pie! 

Look at those cheeks!!  Don't you just want to pinch them?!


We had some nice visiting time, but then I headed home to get Chris and celebrate another occasion.  It's my mom's birthday today!  We took her out for birthday dinner Monday night.  She wanted Mexican, so we headed to El Taco Grande.  She even put on her pary shoes and ordered a margarita (that was only half drank by the end of the evening).  I was falling asleep at the table, so we headed out soon after we finished eating.

What a weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment