Monday, November 21, 2011

Weekend Activities

We had a semi busy weekend and actually got some things done! 

On Saturday, I was up bright and early to take Daisy to the groomer (she was so shaggy, it's not even funny) and head over to the lab to have my glucose test done (you don't make an appointment, so the earlier you get there, the better).  I got there at 7:15 and had to wait 45 minutes to have my test done.  Boo.  They pricked my finger initially to get a fasting sugar reading.  Then they gave me a sugary drink to drink.  Now, from what I've heard everyone say about this drink, I was expecting some thick, syrup-y, most disgusting thing I'd ever ingested drink.  However, it was nice and cold and tasted like fruit punch.  I drank it down with no problem (it helped that I was pretty thirsty, too) and didn't feel nauseous afterward like my mom said I would.  I had to sit there for an hour to let my body process the sugar, and then they drew blood...this time for real because they also do another CBC to check my iron level to make sure I'm not anemic.  So I should hear sometime this week if I passed.  If not, I have to go back for a 3 hour test to determine if I have gestational diabetes.  Fingers crossed that doesn't happen.  And I really, really hope I'm not anemic.  I don't think my intestinal tract could deal with having to take iron pills, if you catch my drift.

After that, I went with my mom to visit my grandparents and an old family friend, Lois.  We had a very nice visit. And while I was gone, Chris started cleaning out the baby's room.  He said he threw out 6 bags of trash and it didn't even look like he made a dent.  WHAT?  Oh well.  I need to start working on my portion of stuff in there, too.  Hopefully I'll find some time this week to take care of some stuff (I'm off starting Wednesday, whoo hoo!)

Speaking of the baby's room, last week Chris and I ordered his furniture!  We're so excited to get it :)  We got one of the those convertible cribs that turns into a toddler bed, then a full sized bed, which means the furniture we just bought is the furniture until he moves out of the house.  Sweet.  We had a little bit of a scare when we went looking at furniture last weekend.  We're browsing, checking stuff out and the lady at the store proceeds to tell us that it takes 8-12 weeks for the furniture to arrive.  Chris and I looked at each other, panic stricken.  12 weeks?!?  So we were like, ok, we have to order this, like, yesterday.  But we got it all taken care of (and we are both happy with it, bonus!).

Saturday night we went out for our friend Laura's birthday.  We had dinner at Carmine's, an Italian restaurant in Chicago.  We had a great time...it was fun to see everyone.  Too bad the pregnant lady needed to go home and go to bed, so we missed the going out after dinner part.

Sunday we went to church and then went to finish registering.  Can I just say, registering is not fun.  It's pretty stressful, actually.  They give you a checklist and everything, but still, I've never done this before, I don't really know what I need and what I don't.  Thankfully, I have friends with babies who can help me out on that front :) 

After that, I was super sleepy, so we came home and I took a nice nap on the couch while Chris watched football.  We had a pretty lazy day the rest of Sunday.  We probably should have been preparing for Thanksgiving, but we'll leave that 'til later :)

PS...OMG!  100 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment