Friday, February 17, 2012

Doctor Visit #12 - LAST ONE!!!!!

I had my doctor appointment today for my next check up.  My blood pressure was 102/68 and I actually lost a pound (not sure why...however, when I was weighed last week, I had a full bladder...I imagine that could have made a small difference).  I measured back up at 39 cm and his heart rate was at 147.

She did another internal exam today.  Hooray, I'm dilated to 2!  That's progress.  She also said he is definitely engaged, but not fully.  While checking everything out, she asked me how tall I was.  I thought that was a little strange, but after I told her 5'1" she said, "Ok, how do you feel about being induced at 39 weeks?  This baby is big and I don't want you going longer than that."  Well, who am I to say no?  I for sure don't want a 12 pound baby, and I'd like to avoid a c-section if at all possible.  She said I could definitely still have him on my own, but if he is not born by Wednesday, I have an induction scheduled!!  Ahh!  We have a date!  This was my last prenatal visit of this pregnancy!!  Holy crap!

When I told Chris, he said his stomach dropped a little :)  It's nice to have an end to focus on.  And, oh my goodness, at the latest, we'll be meeting our little boy in 6 days!!

The plan is that if I don't go ito labor on my own before then, I will be checked into the hospital on Wednesday night.  I will be given Cervidil that night to help me start to dilate, and then I'll just get to hang out and rest.  The next morning, they will start Pitocin, and at some point, my doctor will break my water.  And then we'll just have to wait and see when he comes!  I am a little apprehensive about the whole indcution thing.  It's not something I had ever really considered, but at the same time, my doctor has been practicing for over 30 years, so I think she knows what she's talking about :)  Plus, I just want to do whatever is safest for John and me.  And if she feels he's going to be too big to continue past 39 weeks, I'll take her word for it!

Look what we got last night!  Well, I got the inside chair pieces last weekend, but we needed to order the slipcover.  It got delivered yesterday and we put it all together!  I love these chairs and I was so excited to get one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment