Friday, February 10, 2012

Doctor Visit #12

I had my next doctor visit today.  I was really hoping for her to say, hey, you're in labor, let's get you to the hospital.  But alas, I am not even dilated.  She said I am 50% effaced, though, and his head is well engaged.  This was further shown by the fact that I measured 36 cm today, 3 cm smaller than last week.  She said it's because his head is no longer in my abdomen.  So while it is not as much as I hoped for, we are making progress.  His heart rate was at 157 today and my blood pressure was 110/68.  So we are doing well, but it seems we may be waiting longer than I'd hoped.  I just really hope he makes an appearance before March!

She also told me that when I do go into labor, if it's not during regular business hours and she's not the doctor on call, tell the hospital to call her when I get there, as she would like to be the one to deliver him.  Isn't that nice :)

So, ultrasound is on Monday and my next appointment is next Friday.  Let's hope for more progress by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment