Wednesday, October 26, 2011

22 Weeks

Another week down!  We think I'm getting bigger every day, which I suppose would make sense, as the little guy is growing leaps and bounds.  He's a kicking machine these days, and he's definitely starting to follow a schedule -- I know for sure certain times of the day when he's going to wake up and have a party in my belly.  It seems, too, that one of his favorite places to kick me is right in the cervix (sorry if this is too much information for some people).  I was reading about it online, and apparently it happens to a lot of people, but let me tell you, it is not the most comfortable thing in the world.  It kind of feels like he just might fall out.  But I've been assured that that won't happen (and the fact that it has been happening for weeks now and he is still where he should be is a good sign).

I've started to notice my belly getting in the way a little more, too.  I'm misjudging spaces that I would have normally fit through (like between the table and chair) and end up bumping my belly against something.  And if I'm sitting and bend down to put my shoes on, I can't quite reach as far as I could before.  I wonder when Chris will have to start putting my socks and shoes on for me :)  I already asked him if he would paint my toe nails when that day came.  He said he'd just pay for me to have a pedicure, which works just as well for me!

Another thing that seems to be getting worse is the pregnancy brain, also known as I can't remember anything anymore.  I wasn't bad in the beginning, so I thought maybe I would escape this particular pregnancy side affect, but whoa, has it arrived.  An example...Monday, I was supposed to work out of a different location.  The company was doing a drill to see how functional employees were at a location that they did not normally work at.  I was really excited to participate because the location I was going to was about 15-20 minutes from my house, as opposed to my approximately 1.5 hour commute I slog through daily.  But guess what.  I totally forgot.  I went to work as normal and didn't remember that I wasn't supposed to be in Chicago, but rather Downers Grove until I was digging through my bag for my key card and felt my little container of paperclips that I had brought home with me on Friday so I would have them on Monday.  I was so embarrassed.  I had to call a few people to let them know that I would not, in fact, be participating in the drill because I have no memory.

This week's belly picture coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment