Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Half Baked or 20 Weeks

Well folks, we've made it to the halfway point in this pregnancy.  I am 20 weeks today!  I'm feeling good, but also feeling like I'm getting bigger every day, which I guess I probably am.  That's a good thing, for sure, but it's still a little sad to see the scale say a number I've never seen before.  Ah, the sacrifices we make for our children :)  What to Expect When You're Expecting breaks down your expected weight gain and I was astonished to see that by the end of the pregnancy, a woman will have gained an average of 4 pounds of blood!  Really, of the 30 ish pounds you gain, only about 7 pounds of that is fat -- the rest is all baby stuff, like the placenta, enlarged uterus, amniotic fluid, etc.

Other changes occuring -- I think my belly button is getting ready to pop out.  I feel like it could be a little early, but I also have a feeling I have a funny belly button that is just made to pop out -- it is an innie, but there is a part in the middle that is an outie within my innie and that outie is just itching to pop out.  We shall see.  I will spare you all a picture since some people think belly buttons popping out are gross (cough *Gina* cough), but will, no doubt, keep you informed of its status.

I didn't get a chance to take a belly picture yet, but we will do it tonight.  Two days....

No comments:

Post a Comment