Friday, October 7, 2011

In one week...

In just one week (Friday, October 14 at 8 am, to be exact), we have the big 20 week ultrasound.  Needless to say, we are pretty excited.  In addition to getting all its vital organs checked, fingers and toes counted (we're hoping for 10 each!), measuring, etc, we also get to find out if the peanut is, as Dustin so eloquently put it, a sitter or a stander :) (thanks for that one Dustin, I laughed out loud when I read that).

It's a big day.  If it's a boy, Chris will promptly buy out the Hawks store of all their children's clothing.  And probably all other Chicago sports teams (except the Sox).  If it's a girl, he will buy her the pink jerseys instead of the normal team colors.  Also, my mother will promptly buy every little girl outfit she comes across.

I know some people secretly hope for one or the other without really admitting it, but at this point, I really don't care.  I see little girls and I have little fantasies of the fun little girl things we could do.  But I see little boys and think the same thing.  I think Chris is less scared to have a boy than a girl, but when it comes down to it, he doesn't care either way, he just wants that little baby.  It will be fun to know, though.  Then we can start planning!  Like decorating the baby's room (which still needs to be cleared of all the junk that is in there).

Seven more days...I think Chris is counting the seconds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment