Wednesday, January 18, 2012

34 Weeks

One more week down.  Hey, remember when I was freaking out about pre-term labor 6 weeks ago...guess I'm still pregnant :)  It is nice to know, though, that a baby born at 34 weeks, while may have some short term health issues, most often does just as well as a full term baby in the long run.  Example, my brother was born at 34 weeks and he's just fine :) I can tell I am getting closer to "D Day" though.  For one, the little man is definitely getting bigger.  I've also noticed over the past few days an increase in the amount of pressure down there from time to time (especially in the morning).  There hasn't been any noticeable drop to my belly, but honestly, I've been so low this whole pregnancy, I don't even know if I will notice anything.  I have a doctor's appointment on Friday, and I'll definitely mention the pressure, but from what I've read, it's pretty much par for the course at this point.  And again, not worried about it since I'm not in any pain, bleeding or not having regular contractions.  It's amazing how much the BH contractions have eased once I chilled out about them (and have really tried to drink as much water as I can fit in me).  I mean, I for sure still get them, but they are not happening nearly as often as they were. 

I'm definitely starting to get worn down and I'm definitely slowing down.  It's hard to put on socks and shoes.  However, for being 34 weeks pregnant, I think I'm in pretty good shape.  Still no major swelling (just some minor hand swelling every once in a while), no stretch marks, my weight gain has remained steady.  While sleeping is not constant, I am at least sleeping.  I only get up once, and every once in a while, twice a night to use the bathroom.  The thing that's killing me the most, at least at home, are all those dang stairs.  It's such a chore to take both flights at the same time.  Probably the thing that bothers me the most, what I definitely complain about the most, are the tummy aches I get all the time, most likely caused by the inability to use the bathroom regularly.  It's something I was not prepared for at all -- people don't like to talk about that sort of business, so I didn't even know it was headed my way.  I cannot wait for that part of myself to be back to normal, that is for sure. 

John's room is just about ready to make it's debut.  I think we found some shelves that will work and the pictures for the wall are ready to be hung.  Once that's done, I'll take some pictures and post them.  It's so nice to have a real place for him!

I will try and get a picture up by tomorrow...I totally missed last week's, my bad.  But the picture from the shower is basically a 33 week picture :)

No comments:

Post a Comment