Tuesday, January 24, 2012

More Baby Stuff

This weekend we got some more baby stuff accomplished!  We went to BuyBuyBaby to pick up some things we still needed -- we got another car seat base so that there is one in each car, burp cloths (so essential and we didn't have any!), a waterproof pad for his crib mattress as well as a sheet saver and a few other essentials.  Chris picked out a little outfit that says Kiss Me, I'm Irish for St. Patrick's Day :)

I started packing my bag for the hospital.  I'm not thinking I'm going to be needing it in the immediate future, however it was recommended to pack it in advance so that you don't forget anything.  So it's as ready to go as it can be.  I made a list of things that will need to be added before we leave (like things that I use every day) so that 1) I don't forget and 2) if for some reason Chris needs to do it, everything is clearly laid out.  I also picked out a little outfit for John to wear home from the hospital.  It's crazy how close that day actually is! 

I also made an appointment to meet the pediatrician we will most likely go with (she's come highly recommended -- even the receptionist I talked to was gushing about her), so we'll be meeting her on January 30th.  If all goes well, we'll be set for the little man's care :)  Plus, she's a Dreyer doctor, so in the event that she's not available, I feel good knowing that there are several other doctors available nearby that would give him equally good care.  There is also an walk-in clinic at the same place as the pediatrician's office, so we'd still be covered on off hours (they are open 7 days a week).

No comments:

Post a Comment