Wednesday, January 25, 2012

35 Weeks

So I'm there.  I've finally made it to the point where I can say I am uncomfortable and just about ready to have this baby.  The aches and pains that I have been lucky enough to be without for most of this pregnancy have set in.  My work pants don't fit me anymore (well they do, but they have a demi band instead of a full panel -- this was way comfortable before, but now that my belly is so big, it does nothing but hurt me all day long as it pushes into the under side of my belly -- I think this fact is actually leading to a good majority of my discomfort), so I'm pretty much wearing my leggings every day.  I don't have that many shirts to go with my leggings (I have a "my butt needs to be covered" thing...but I'm inching toward not caring about that too much), so I'm probably going to be wearing the same 4 outfits every week until this baby is born.  The funny thing is, I really don't care :)  As long as I can sit in my chair without being in pain from my clothing, I'm good.  I can wear jeans on Friday, so at least those days I can switch up my wardrobe a little bit.

As for John, he's rocking and rolling in my belly, pushing out in all directions.  I think he's just about out of room in there, too.  Can he really keep growing for the next 5 weeks?  I can feel him stretch now, and it pushes against my pelvis and the top of my belly already -- where is a bigger baby going to go??  Everyone has ideas on when they think I'm going to have him.  Chris thinks around mid February.  My mom had a dream that he will be born on February 7th -- that is my parent's wedding anniversary, and since John is named after my dad, she has a feeling that's when it is going to happen.  Pretty much everyone on my mom's side thinks no matter what, he's coming early, mostly because they all had their babies early, too.  We'll see.  I just hope I don't go into labor while I'm at work...it could legitimately take me 3 hours to get home if I have to wait for a train.  And seriously, how much fun would it be to have contractions on public transportation? 

All we can do at this point is wait.  We're ready for him to come when he decides to make is appearance :)

Here is a belly pic finally...this is actually 34 weeks and 6 days, since we took this picture last night, but we're so close, we'll just call it 35 weeks :)

Dasiy got in on this one :)  And you can see my belly button poking through my shirt
 

No comments:

Post a Comment